Absolute Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Free Link Cloaker

I've just finished the first release of my free link cloaker and wanted to share the good news with you. I will be adding lots more features in the future but wanted to get it released and start getting some feedback.

Current features

- Easy automated installer (only takes a few minutes)
- Easy link cloaking (only takes a few seconds)
- Everything happens on your server so there's no Javascript to screw up and you won't have to send traffic through my servers
- Keeps track of the number of times each cloaked link is clicked
- Replaces links with http://www.yourdomain.com/recommends/keyword
- ITS FREE!

So if this is of use to anyone please check it out and let me know what you think.

www.FreeLinkCloaker.com

Enjoy!

5 Comments:

  • Hello, I just happened to come across your site and I have to say your tips are really helpful. I'm new to the "im" thing and its hard finding decent helpful sites like yours, thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • Hi,

    I don't think that my previous post went thru (did not see it), so I'm trying again.

    By the way, thanks for such a helpful site... considering that I'm a internet newbie. Having trouble getting started on my own.

    I have a silly question about your link cloaker... Do I need to have a domain name and hosting to get my link cloaked? Obviously I don't have a website either.

    Would appreciate your help on this topic.

    Thanks!!!
    Liset

    By Blogger Liset, at 1:20 AM  

  • Hi Liset,

    In order to use Free Link Cloaker you will need your own domain name and webhosting. To help out with this I've found the absolute cheapest, best value for money but still feature rich hosting that I could.

    http://www.FreeLinkCloaker.com/recommends/hostgator

    You'll also receive details of this automatically by email if you sign up to download FLC.

    Hope this clears it up for you,

    Andy

    By Blogger Andrew Fletcher, at 8:23 AM  

  • Hi Andrew,

    Thanks for your previous post.

    If I do sign up for my own domain name right now, is it okay to let it sit there for a while until I get my website ready in the near future? Then once I get my site ready, then I can have it hosted, right?

    And if I decide to do a blog (like this one) for now, then I still need a domain name and hosting just like a regular website?

    Thanks again!!!
    Liset

    By Blogger Liset, at 3:19 AM  

  • Hi Liset,

    Once you have registered a domain then you can do whatever you like with it so it's fine to register it now then actually publish your content to it at a later date.

    If you decide to make a blog then you don't need to have your own domain name and/or hosting. There are plenty of completely free options available at www.blogger.com and www.wordpress.com

    If it's more than personal ramblings (like this blog) then it can be advisable to grab a domain name and hosting for it. That way you avoid the problem of a free service going out of business and losing your content/traffic.

    Hope this helps,

    Andy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home