Absolute Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Motivation

I was planning to start work on my prelaunch stuff today but preparing a presentation for work got in the way. This means that I'm going to have a very busy day tomorrow getting everything in place ready to begin my prelaunch on Monday.

That's not the topic I want to talk about in this post though. What I actually want to discuss is motivation. This is a pretty interesting topic for me because I'm usually a reasonably highly motivated person but getting started in Internet Marketing is proving a real challenge for me. I've spent a few weeks reading everything I could lay my hands on and asking questions of anyone that would stand still long enough to listen. Now its time to take action for myself I keep seeing potential failure looming at every step even though I know that the only real failure I can actually suffer in any of this is a failure to act and missing out on this great opportunity.

I have all the technical skills I need (I'm a software engineer by day and outright geek by night), I have an excellent content writer turning out brilliant articles for me and I have a reasonable grasp of how to combine this with Internet Marketing techniques to produce traffic and hopefully a list. So what is the X factor, the voodoo magic, the evil beast that makes it all seem so distant from where I'm at now?

I think the answer is motivation to really work at it. To take all the knowledge I have and keep putting it together in different ways until stuff finally starts to stick. Rather than fearing the way I've engineered my prelaunch is doomed to failure I need to just get in there and try it. I'm not proposing that everyone go off half cocked without any kind of plan but now I've acquired sufficient know-how I really do need to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty.

Tonight I'm going to chill out and play in a poker tournament but starting tomorrow I'm going to really focus on getting everything setup ready to start driving traffic on Monday. Hopefully in the future I'll have the opportunity to work smarter rather than harder but right now its all about getting stuck in and just giving it a try. As I've mentioned before, I'm not actually doing this to make money (although it'd be nice) but to learn about how this all works. With that being the case the only way I can fail is to do nothing and look back on this post in a couple of months and wonder what might have been.

I invite anyone that reads this post, whether it be today, tomorrow or a year from now to really start working at something you want. Cast aside your fears that if you try you could fail, cast aside your doubts that you don't have it in you and cast aside that little voice in your head that tells you to slack of and not bother. So come join me and make it happen today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home