Absolute Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Getting Comments

Yesterday I received the following comment -

"Andrew, can you tell me why it is just so darn difficult to actually generate COMMENTS in the blogosphere?! Even on a sweet blog like this one, I see that comments are scarcer than hen's teeth. I. for one, really like this blog and have read every post on the first page with interest. Check out my blog at [url deleted] Will you let me know what you think, Andrew?

What does it take to get people to COMMENT on blogs? That is my burning question of the day.

P.S. I originally spotted you over on the Conquer Your Niche Forum. "

Firstly I'd like to say how flattered I am that someone would take the time to post me a comment and ask me something. I think the only fair response is an honest one and I can sum it up by saying, "beats me", so I went and did a little Googling to see what other people thought.

This seems to be a reasonably untouched topic so obviously contains a certain voodoo magic and X factor that its hard to nail down. The best article I found dealing with the topic was http://www.problogger.net/archives/2006/10/12/10-techniques... and even that seemed to basically turn, "respect and value your readers comments" into an entire article on the subject.

As a result I'm going to throw this open to anyone who happens to stop by and check this blog out. Traffic is low at the moment so its up to you to do your bit and answer the question. Take a couple of minutes and leave me a comment here. I'll leave anything (legal) up so take advantage of it. Tell me what makes you comment on things, call me a jerk, post a link to your blog or send a spam bot my way.

So before you leave, say something in the comments section of this post!

4 Comments:

  • Hi Andrew. I would be curious to see if you generate any comments on this question. Have you pinged your blog? How many people do you think actually read this? Good luck generating comments!

    By Blogger Michael R. Gaudet, at 3:09 PM  

  • Hi Michael,

    In the week or so I've been at this Google Analytics shows around 200 visits but I don't really know how that translates.

    I haven't pinged my blog or signed up to anything like feedburner. All I've really done is sig linked it in some forums and written a couple of articles.

    -- Andrew

    By Blogger Andrew Fletcher, at 11:33 AM  

  • Pinging is really easy Andrew. Just do it every time you update your blog. I do it at Ping-o-matic.
    Most people just can't be bothered to leave comments, I suspect. Unless something really riles them up or makes them feel something.
    Hang in there
    Dena

    By Blogger Dena Gottlieb, at 9:57 PM  

  • Hi Andrew. I have no idea at all what brings comments. Having lots of readers, I suppose, and welcoming comments. Anyway, because you asked nicely, I commented!

    By Blogger Dr Zen, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home