Absolute Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Start with something you know well

If you're reading this post then you probably have an interest in Internet marketing. If you have an interest in Internet marketing then you've probably heard it said that it's best to start in a niche you know a lot about. It's finally occurred to me just how good this advice is.

For the last couple of weeks I've been working on setting up a niche site targeted around a load of stuff from easynicheproduct.com. I really think there's every chance for it to succeed but it's been an uphill battle the whole way and if I didn't have an excellent content writer working on blogs and articles for me, then it would definitely have flopped before now. So don't get me wrong, I'm still going to pursue this niche, try to build a list and create the site but this morning I had a bit of an epiphany.

I returned to a forum that I have been posting in regularly for a couple of years and you know what? There were Internet marketing ideas absolutely everywhere. I posted in a couple of threads and thought, "Wow, I could so make a product for this." I posted in a couple more and though, "Wow, these people are all hungry for information on this topic." So as well as working on my existing niche site I think its time I started working in an area that I know really well.

So next time you read that little bit of advice, don't just dismiss it and think it doesn't apply. Go and read a forum related to a topic you know a lot about and see how many ideas go off in your head.

3 Comments:

  • Hey, been lurking here for a little bit after seeing some of your posts at 2+2 and wanted to say hi. I like your blog because I think we're both at the 'trying to break into the business' stage. I think this is a good post because the most important thing is to take an idea and run with it -- gotta get your hands dirty.

    By Blogger Noah, at 2:17 AM  

  • Thanks for the feedback. I haven't posted much on hear lately. Been working on something I intend to release and its been eating up all my time.

    Hope to be able to post about it later this evening though.

    By Blogger Andrew Fletcher, at 5:28 PM  

  • Nice article. You have given me a good reading today.

    By Anonymous check it out, at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home